#Korea is a weekly series on my blog documenting my time leading up to and during to my year in Korea. It’s very much unedited, stream-of-conscious writing! Check out the original post for a longer explanation here
WEEK 15: JULY 16TH – JULY 22nd
It’s weird to think, but I’ve been in three different states in this last week! I’m currently writing this from my friend, Allison’s apartment in Wyoming as we watch a wine documentary on Netflix.
Right now things are down to the wire! I hope by my next #Korea, I can tell you have my passport and visa firmly in hand. I found out I don’t need to wait for them to ship anything to me. I’ll get an email with a confirmation number and such, which cuts down on time considerably.
This last Monday I drove home to Pennsylvania from my friends’ place in Rhode Island. Before I went, we, of course, ordered sushi and watched the “Game of Thrones” Season 7 Premiere. Then Monday morning, we went to a sunflower farm. I really wanted to take some sunflower photos (#basic) before I left! We were about a week too early to really see the field in bloom, but we did manage to get some lovely shots.
I then drove home to spend some time with my family and pack up my entire life! I’d already done quite a bit of decluttering both after reading The Magic Art of Tidying Up and packing up my childhood home This time around wasn’t too difficult.
I officially managed to get my things in a carry-on, regular-sized suitcase, tote bag, and two medium-sized boxes for my mom to ship over once I know my address. There are some clothes and keepsakes I put into about 2-3 boxes to keep in storage, but otherwise, I cleaned everything out of the room I shared with my sister.
Then yesterday, I flew to Denver where I met my friend Allison. We were supposed to stay in Denver for the weekend and collaborate with a hotel, but things went quite awry and we wound up going back to her place in Wyoming instead. Tomorrow we’re going to drive through Medicine Bow Forest and enjoy the views!
Some things I’m loving:
- Obviously the fact that “Game of Thrones” is BACK. In case you missed it, I did a fun post on all the filming locations you can visit. I’m obsessed with all the history and backstories and theories, so I’ve been reading and watching all the analyses and breakdowns. FYI Emergency Awesome on Youtube is great for post-show recaps and such.
- I remembered this week that the H&M in Gwangju added a Home section right before I left Korea, so I’m pretty pumped to go on a spree to decorate my apartment in Suncheon.
- In the middle of finally reading In a Dark, Dark Wood. I’m not terrified…yet. I have two books Corinne gave me to read, and I want to finish them before I go to Korea. This way I can send them back to her.
- My Hartwood House bag is here! I got the circular straw one, and I’m in love. I need a smaller wallet to fit my things in it, but it’s perfect to grab and wander around!
want to support?
I’m always grateful when friends and readereach out wanting to support There She Goes Again. Truthfully, I’m just happy my posts are helping people travel! If you’d like to support the blog, here are some companies and brands I’m affiliated with. Simply click the links, and I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you!
- Booking (Hotels)
- Bookaway (Transport)
- Sixt (Car Rental)
- Klook (Tours)
- Viator (Tours)
- Get Your Guide (Tours)
- Trazy (Korea Tours)
- Tiqets (Entrance Tickets)
- World Nomads (Insurance)
BLOGGING / SOCIAL MEDIA