Yep! There are actually three locations — Kissimmee, Orlando, and one near Atlanta, Georgia. I was lucky enough to be a guest of the park for one afternoon while I was traveling Kissimmee, and I had a total blast.
What is Fun Spot America?
Fun Spot America is a family-owned theme park that has been around in one form or another since 1979. The Kissimmee location sits right next to Old Town USA and is designed to surround a lagoon.
There’s a friendlier, more local atmosphere to the park than I got from the bigger parks. More importantly, though, their rides gave me that amazing, stomach-dropping, I-might-die feeling, I want from my theme park rides!
Rides I LOVED
The World’s Tallest Skycoaster
You have to pay a little extra for this one, but it’s so worth it. Basically, you’ll get into a harness and then lifted up 300ft in the air. Once you’re up there, you pull a string, and you’re sent flying back down!
I really don’t get scared of heights — the steeper a roller coaster falls, the better. However, I found myself staring at the ground getting smaller and smaller and saying a little prayer just in case. They tried to convince me to go on and try their other harness, which is more of a sitting position, but I didn’t think I could put my nerves through it once more only a few hours apart!
Mine Blower Coaster
Mine Blower is one of three wooden roller coasters in Florida and it’s only a little over a year old! It gets up to 82 ft high and nearly 50mph, and you’ll go upside down. It’s awesome. If you’re there close to opening times, you might get lucky and be able to ride it more than once without waiting too long!
Vortex Track – A Multi-Level Go Kart Track
Fun Spot has the unique distinction of having two multi-level gokart tracks! I don’t think I’ve ridden a gokart in years, if ever, so this was a blast for me. Though I’m sure my fell go-kart drivers were wondering why I wasn’t actually racing haha.
The Ferris Wheel
Can’t not include a classic! Go up in the Ferris wheel around sunset to take in the views of the park and Old Town from above. And yes, even though it’s not in the park but in Old Town, your wristband should still get you in!
Check here for a full list of their rides and attractions
How to Visit
- Address: 2850 Florida Plaza Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34746
- Opening Hours: 2 pm-midnight or 10 am-midnight depending on the day (check here for your day)
- Costs: These are their retail prices but they might be having a sale or deal, so check here for their updated prices:
- $49.95 for a regular day trip
- $59.95 to access the Skycoaster
- $149.99 for a season pass + access to all three parks
Have you guys heard of Fun Spot America before? I can’t believe I hadn’t! It was so much fun, and now if I go back to Florida, I’m bringing whoever I’m with there!
for more travel in the usa
The USA is a massive country, and I always love discovering new places to visit. I’m actually pretty sure I’ll still be hearing of new gems when I’m 90 years old and need a wheelchair to get around! Since I’ve been interested in travel, I’ve visited a number of different places in the US alone. Check out some of posts:
- Dreamiest Castles in the US
- Cool Things to Do in Cleveland, OH
- Fun Things to Do in Atlanta, GA
- Pennsylvania Bucket List
- Unique Things to Do in Portland, ME
New York Travel
- Where to Stay in NYC
- A Guide to Owego, NY
- Hiking Watkins Glen
- Christmas in NYC
- Niagara Falls in the Winter
- Fun Things to Do in Truckee, CA
- Going to San Francisco for the First Time?
- Unique Things to Do in Santa Barbara
- A Local Guide to Los Angeles
- One Day at Disney World
- Universal Orlando in a Day
- Things to Do in Kissimmee Besides the Parks
- Where to Stay in the Florida Keys
- An Easy Florida Keys Itinerary
- Fun Things to Do in Key West
New Orleans Trip
want to support?
I’m always grateful when friends and readereach out wanting to support There She Goes Again. Truthfully, I’m just happy my posts are helping people travel! If you’d like to support the blog, here are some companies and brands I’m affiliated with. Simply click the links, and I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you!
- Booking (Hotels)
- Sixt (Car Rental)
- Klook (Tours)
- Viator (Tours)
- Get Your Guide (Tours)
- Trazy (Korea Tours)
- Tiqets (Entrance Tickets)
BLOGGING / SOCIAL MEDIA