#Korea is a weekly series on my blog documenting my time leading up to and during to my year in Korea. It’s very much unedited, stream-of-conscious writing! Check out the original post for a longer explanation here
WEEK 14: JULY 9th – JULY 15th
Howdy! I wish I could say I’ve been up to all sorts of fun stuff here in Rhode Island, but truthfully, I’ve been a bit couped up! Catching up on work, trying to organize some semblance of an editorial calendar for TSGA, pet sitting, and that’s about it. In my defense, the weather has been pretty crap, and I can’t be away from
In my defense, the weather has been pretty crap, and I can’t be away from the apartment for too long since Roxy needs to pee every 5-6 hours. I really want to go up to Boston since it’s so easy to get to from Providence, but once I decided that, it started to rain and/or thunderstorm…
Also, let me just say, I am 100% a cat person. Besides my dog, Maggie, who is perfection in a creature. :p I feel bad that I prefer Kittan over Roxy, but she fits my personality so much better (physically lazy, lethargic, and best left alone except for when I want to be social). Also, I used to watch her a bunch in college, and she’s my favorite cat of all the cats, so the scales are already tipped in her favor.
Hmm, nothing else left to report! I had a really lovely lunch date with Janie of @janieliu at this good Korean-Japanese spot on Benefit Street called DENDEN Café Asiana. We originally Insta-met because we were in the same comment pod together, and when I mentioned I was coming up to Rhode Island, she DMed me.
I’ve really enjoyed meeting Insta and blogging friends in person. I spend a lot of time in Insta DMs or Facebook chat, but nothing replaces face-to-face meetups!
Speaking of which, I’m meeting up with the lovely Izzy of The Next Somewhere (she just updated her blog design, so go check it out!) and her family tomorrow to visit a sunflower farm. By my next #Korea update, I’ll be in Denver!
I know the next month and a half are probably going to be nuts. I’m trying to write some of my content ahead of time before I forget the details! I just realized how many drafts on South Africa I still have…
Some things I’ve been loving…
So I’ve done a little online shopping… *cough*. In my defense, it’s either too hard or expensive to ship foreign goods to Korea, especially the more sustainable brands. Here’s what I got:
- From Everlane: the Pink 100% Human Collection Pocket Tee and this red cotton V-neck Tee.
- From People Tree: I need some plain black leggings for winter in Korea, so I got some from People Tree. They’re $29 a pair. However, it’s also an awesome brand whereas Old Navy and Target (my usual legging go-to’s) are still getting there. Will let you know how they compare, though! I also picked up this red cotton dress. I saw it a long time ago, and I thought it had long since sold out. When I realize it wasn’t, I obviously added it to my cart (sadly it’s sold out now).
- From Purpose Jewelry: I got this simple necklace for everyday wear. I actually had it shipped here to Rhode Island, but I think they dropped it off in a mailbox. So I have to wait for my friends to get home since they have the key!
Post from this week
- I have a funny one up on Department of Wandering about the funny things that happen when you become an expat in Korea!
- Elissa is going to Chiang Mai in August, and it made me realize I hadn’t written a comprehensive post yet! So I did.
- Check out my find of the week, the perfect travel journal.
- I had the loveliest time at Hotel Elysée during my pit stop in New York City. Check here for the full review.
*This post has some affiliate links.
want to support?
I’m always grateful when friends and readereach out wanting to support There She Goes Again. Truthfully, I’m just happy my posts are helping people travel! If you’d like to support the blog, here are some companies and brands I’m affiliated with. Simply click the links, and I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you!
- Booking (Hotels)
- Sixt (Car Rental)
- Klook (Tours)
- Viator (Tours)
- Get Your Guide (Tours)
- Trazy (Korea Tours)
- Tiqets (Entrance Tickets)
BLOGGING / SOCIAL MEDIA