As you may know I grew up near the one and only Philadelphia. You may know it for a variety of reasons– its sports fans, its history, and, Rocky. Until recently I haven’t given it the time of day. Living away for six years has changed that. Now that I’m going home for a bit, I’m excited to explore this city. While a few of the big items are already on my list, I decided to check out Philadelphia’s page on Groupon Things to Do for some more ideas.
Groupon has these really easy to navigate pages with ideas on things to do in a variety of cities, plus they offer really sweet deals. Most of these below I wouldn’t normally look at because of the prices, but with the Groupon discounts they’re actually steals. I also just like how organized the pages are. It’s a good tool for looking at more than the typical sites in a city, and I like that I can narrow things down based on different categories! So, without further ado, here are my choices for 10 things to do in Philadelphia!
1. Great Philly Food Tour | Cheesesteaks. That’s all I want. I haven’t really had a proper cheesesteak in probably half a decade!
2. Go to a Philadelphia Eagles Football Game. You know, in all my years of bleeding green, I’ve never gone to a game. I think it’s time to change that.
3. Check Out the Spas in Philadelphia. Southeast Asia and Korea have spoiled me. Pretty much all of my trips in SE Asia have involved a massage (or three or four). Spa treatments in the US are much more expensive, but a lot of these deals are quite good…
4. Visit the Trampoline Park. I mean, why not? This looks like a blast!
5. Cupcake and Macaron Tour. If I detailed my high school saga of trying to find somewhere that sold macarons, you’d feel sorry for me in that #firstworldproblems way. I want to wear my cutest eatin’ dress and experience a full on sugar rush during this tour.
6. Visit the Tyler Arboretum. Found my first stop in the US to get my nature fix! There are tons of hiking trails and different activities to do. I’m definitely making a point of stopping by here come November to enjoy the late autumn colors.
7. Visit the Pennsylvania Plantation. This trip appeals to my inner history buff and love of slightly cheesy things like period costumes.
8. Experience an Escape Room. After cancelled plans in Seoul, I’ve kind of been itching to actually try one! I feel like I’m going to have to convince my siblings and cousins into doing one … :p
9. Do a Scavenger Hunt Around the City. How fun does this look? I feel like my friends and I would have a blast with this.
10. Go on a Historic Walking Tour. You know, I actually think I did something very similar to this when I was really young (like my age was still in the single digits). I think it’s time to round up the family for a part two! I remember loving Betsy Ross’s house, so let’s see if it holds up over 15 years later.
What are some fun things you want to do around your home city?
for more travel in the usa
The USA is a massive country, and I always love discovering new places to visit. I’m actually pretty sure I’ll still be hearing of new gems when I’m 90 years old and need a wheelchair to get around! Since I’ve been interested in travel, I’ve visited a number of different places in the US alone. Check out some of posts:
- Dreamiest Castles in the US
- Cool Things to Do in Cleveland, OH
- Pennsylvania Bucket List
- Unique Things to Do in Portland, ME
New York Travel
- Where to Stay in NYC
- A Guide to Owego, NY
- Hiking Watkins Glen
- Christmas in NYC
- Niagara Falls in the Winter
- Fun Things to Do in Truckee, CA
- Going to San Francisco for the First Time?
- A Local Guide to Los Angeles
- One Day at Disney World
- Universal Orlando in a Day
- Fun Spot America: Florida’s Best Kept Secret
- Things to Do in Kissimmee Besides the Parks
- Where to Stay in the Florida Keys
- An Easy Florida Keys Itinerary
- Fun Things to Do in Key West
New Orleans Trip
want to support?
I’m always grateful when friends and readereach out wanting to support There She Goes Again. Truthfully, I’m just happy my posts are helping people travel! If you’d like to support the blog, here are some companies and brands I’m affiliated with. Simply click the links, and I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you!
- Booking (Hotels)
- Bookaway (Transport)
- Sixt (Car Rental)
- Klook (Tours)
- Viator (Tours)
- Get Your Guide (Tours)
- Trazy (Korea Tours)
- Tiqets (Entrance Tickets)
- World Nomads (Insurance)
BLOGGING / SOCIAL MEDIA