#Korea Week 19 – Mokpo to Yeosu
#Korea is a weekly series on my blog documenting my time leading up to and during to my year in Korea. It’s very much unedited, stream-of-conscious writing! Check out the original post for a longer explanation here
WEEK 17: AUGUST 13TH – AUGUST 19TH
Whoops! Sorry, this post is a bit delayed. I’m currently writing it from my place in Fukuoka. I just turned in my visa application and now have two days to kill while here!
Last week was a bit of a blur, but I did celebrate turning 25! I Skyped my parents as well to check-in. I stayed with my friends in Mokpo until Friday morning and then made my way over to Yeosu.
Also, I visited my where I’ll be working! The former teacher is still here, and she was kind enough to take me around to my different centers, give me some books to start lesson planning, and just give me a rundown on everything in Suncheon. I feel a LOT better having met new people and getting a better understanding of what my life will look like in the next year.
I’m definitely getting t-i-r-e-d. I’m so excited to start buying plants, and I’ve been looking at H&M’s home section almost every day. I haven’t really been on solid ground since I left my last apartment in Namwon, and it’s definitely taking a toll. I haven’t actually had my own bed since then! If I’m being honest with you guys, what I’d really like to do is find a solid home base that I can travel and work out of for the rest of my life.
If I’m being honest with you guys, what I’d really like to do is find a solid home base that I can travel and work out of for the rest of my life. I have no idea what that work really looks like, where it will be, or who it will be with. It’s kind of exciting but also quite daunting at the same time. A lot of my friends have significant others to share the burden with, but I’m pretty much alone in that sense!
Anyhoo, excited to see what this year brings! I still can’t believe I’m 25. I can now rent cars without paying crazy fees to do so!
Some Things I’m Loving
- I really enjoyed Big Magic! I finished it on my way to Yeosu. It’s definitely a bit more whoo-whoo, but I thought Gilbert had so many lovely points. Part of my resolutions for this year is to just allow myself to be creative without putting some kind of price on it. I put my brush lettering supplies into one of my packages, and I’m going to get myself to write more. Remember, my ultimate goal is to be a novelist someday!
- We watched “Atypical” on Netflix, and it’s absolutely lovely. The younger sister’s storyline is probably my favorite.
- Um, nothing made me feel older than realizing Dua Lipa is my sister’s age… Regardless, “New Rules” is awesome.
- Late to the Harry Styles party, but I also can’t stop listening to “Sweet Creature.”
- I keep watching H3H3 videos. They’re flippin’ hilarious, and I can’t get over Ethan’s FUPA jokes. I feel like maybe Vape Nation might be a good place to start if you haven’t watched them yet haha. Just a heads up, a heavy appreciation for sarcasm is needed.
- TAYLOR SWIFT IS COMING BACK SOON! Well, according to all the social media nonsense she is. I am SO on the TSwift6 Hype Train.
want to support?
I’m always grateful when friends and readereach out wanting to support There She Goes Again. Truthfully, I’m just happy my posts are helping people travel! If you’d like to support the blog, here are some companies and brands I’m affiliated with. Simply click the links, and I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you!
- Booking (Hotels)
- Bookaway (Transport)
- Sixt (Car Rental)
- Klook (Tours)
- Viator (Tours)
- Get Your Guide (Tours)
- Trazy (Korea Tours)
- Tiqets (Entrance Tickets)
- World Nomads (Insurance)
BLOGGING / SOCIAL MEDIA