Hello from not-so-sunny Portland, Maine! I decided to come up quite last minute for the Women in Travel Summit (WITS19), so it’s been fun seeing a new place! I haven’t been to Maine since I went camping here at the age of 8, and it’s still one of my favorite summer vacation memories.
Anyway, hi, April, where did you go?!
Where I’ve Been
I spent the first few days or April still with my friend, Stacey, in Suncheon, doing some fun day trips to Jinhae and Damyang with my other friend, Lisa. It was nice being around everyone again!
Then it was back up to Seoul for my last week in Korea! Ah it was one of those weeks where I was like, “Apart of me doesn’t want to go!” Seoul is such a fun city, and it was so nice meeting up with blogging friends while there! Hallie took me to some cool places I wouldn’t have thought to go, and then Marie was nice enough to hangout with me on my Han River cruise.
Unfortunately, I got pretty sick the whole last week, and the cold felt brutal! After Lotte World, I remember waking up and feeling like I’d been hit by a truck. Luckily, I picked up medicine ASAP instead of not doing anything until it was unavoidably bad, so it never got to the point where I need to go to the doctor’s.
Then it’s been home the last two weeks! I housesat for a family friend as soon as I got back for a little over a week, and then I’ve been at home with my parents for the next week. Plus, everyone was home for Easter, and my sister came back the last weekend of April with her boyfriend, so we could play some Settlers of Catan! (I’m not very good at it, btw) I’m considering this my “down time” to get ahead on work before a bunch of travel in June!
Actually, yes! I’m extending my trip to Europe by a week or so to attend Experience Bucharest. I thought about doing the Experience Romania part, but I’d prefer to return to Romania on my own for at least a month or so in the future, so I’d rather spend more time getting to know Bucharest. I’m really hoping to slooooowwww my travels down this year and next. Even just two weeks is starting to feel quite short!
- Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival
- Lotte World Guide
- Seoul Sky Observatory Guide
- Everland Theme Park Day Trip
- Where to Get All My Outfits from My Asia Trip
- 10 Best-Rated Hotels in Insadong
- What to Expect on a Han River Cruise
- 18 Brewtiful Cafes in Seoul
- 2019 Book Challenge Q1
- An Italy by Train Itinerary Guide: from Turin – Rome
- 10 Years of Travel!
New Things I Did
I’m trying to think if I did anything crazy new… Not like getting a tattoo haha.
What I Read
YIKES. I don’t think I’ve finished a single book this month. My poor Kindle has been sitting uncharged… I did start reading Clash of Clans, but I’ve barely made a dent. Need to start reading some more this month! I do have all the new free books from Amazon World Book Day, and a new Audible credit waiting for me… Hm hm hm.
What I Watched
So, since being home it’s been a mix between GAME OF THRONES and all my other TV shows I haven’t watched in the last 2 months. Which, ahem, is a lot. Here is a short list I like to watch while I’m doing anything from eating a meal, working, or, ya know, vegging out:
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Single Parents
- American Housewife
- Modern Family
- Fresh Off the Boat
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (only two eps into the 4th season though)
What I Listened to
- My Dad Wrote a Porno – HILARIOUS. Like, the kind of funny that you’re walking your dog and cracking up, and then you realize you look absolutely mad.
- ME! – My girl is BACK in pastel chaos, and I’m here for it. Yes, I hate the “Spelling is fun” line, but otherwise, this thing is on repeat. So here for a happy delightful TS7. Also, I totally called her adopting a third cat when I watched the MV. I was like, “There’s no way she gets handed a kitten like that and doesn’t walk away with it.”
- Got Myself – Such a catchy song. Heard it at the beginning of one of my parents’ shows and downloaded immediately.
What have you guys been up to in April?
want to support?
I’m always grateful when friends and readereach out wanting to support There She Goes Again. Truthfully, I’m just happy my posts are helping people travel! If you’d like to support the blog, here are some companies and brands I’m affiliated with. Simply click the links, and I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you!
- Booking (Hotels)
- Sixt (Car Rental)
- Klook (Tours)
- Viator (Tours)
- Get Your Guide (Tours)
- Trazy (Korea Tours)
- Tiqets (Entrance Tickets)
BLOGGING / SOCIAL MEDIA